GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE SCHOOL
|Fatih University (FU) is one of the foundation universities in Istanbul, Turkey. It has a nice campus overlooking the Büyükçekmece Lake and Marmara Sea. English Preparatory School (EPS) prepares students with the necessary English skills so that they may successfully enter and benefit from the academic studies in the faculties where all instruction is given in English.
||English Instructor (EFL) (Native Speakers Only)
||April 9, 2010
||April 30, 2010
BA Degree in English (ELT, ESL or Linguistics) $ 1500 + 700 TL (for Housing)
MA Degree in English (ELT, ELL or Linguistics) $ 1700 + 700 TL (for Housing)
BA or MA Degrees in Other Majors (with TESOL/TEFL/CELTA/DELTA or other teaching certificates) $ 1300 + 700 TL (for Housing)
- The salary mentioned above is a net salary. The University pays required taxes and social security fees, amounting 30% of the salary, on behalf of teachers.
- In addition to the salary, a housing allowance of 700 TL is given to the foreign instructors. Instructors are responsible for finding accommodation but assistance can be given.
- Insurance through the State Social Security Institution is mandatory for all instructors. This is paid for them by the University.
- All Instructors are entitled to a three-week paid vacation during the summer.
- Instructors are given a free return ticket each year to their home country, to be used during their vacation.
|BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Instructors are employed in English Preparatory School. The courses at EPS are conducted on weekdays between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM
Every instructor is required to:
- teach a maximum of 24 lessons per week – each lesson lasts 50 minutes
- attend module meetings, general staff meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences
- supervise and grade exams
||Contracts last for one year. They may be extended depending on mutual agreement. It is hoped that we will work with instructors for longer periods of time. Many of our current instructors have been employed for three or more years.
|DIPLOMAS AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED
- All applicants must hold at least an undergraduate degree.
- Graduates of English Language Teaching (ELT), English Language and Literature (ELL) and Linguistics departments are given priority.
- Masters or PhD degrees in these fields are advantageous but not necessary.
Graduates of departments other than the above mentioned must have a certificate of Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESOL/TEFL or CELTA/DELTA).
|FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please send an e-mail to:
|Mr. Sabahattin ATALAY
Coordinator of the School
or call the university
and speak to Mr ATALAY in person
+90 212 866 3300 (ext.: 1400)
| Mr. Yunus YILMAZ
Assistant Coordinator of the School
or call the university
and speak to Mr. YILMAZ in person
+90 212 866 3300 (ext.: 1442)